- Riders: users who request or receive transportation
- Drivers: users who provide transportation through partner transportation companies
- Delivery Partners: users who provide delivery services
- Information that you provide to IPC, such as when you create your IPC account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as IPC partners and third parties that use IPC APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of IPC:
Information you provide, which may include:
- User profile: We collect information when you create or update your IPC account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information) Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. We may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact IPC customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact IPC.
Information created when you use our services, which may include:
Location information: Depending on the IPC services
that you use, and your App settings or device permissions, we may collect
your precise or approximate location information as determined through data
such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you have provided permission for the processing of location data, IPC collects location information when the IPC App is running in the foreground. IPC also collects this information when the IPC App is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your App settings or device permissions.
- Riders may use the IPC App without enabling IPC to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your IPC App. For example, if you do not enable IPC to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled IPC to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your trip information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, App features or pages viewed, App crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and IPC through the IPC Apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and riders, to call or text each other (without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, IPC receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. IPC may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
- Location information: Depending on the IPC services that you use, and your App settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
Information from other sources, which may include:
- User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- IPC business partners through which you create or access your IPC account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or Apps or websites who use IPC’s APIs or whose API IPC uses (such as when you order a ride through Google Maps or Waze).
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
- IPC may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
IPC collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To perform data analysis (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information)
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
IPC does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. IPC uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1) Providing services and features: IPC uses the
information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our
products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
- Process or facilitate payments for services.
- To track the progress of your ride or delivery.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to IPC, split fares, or share your estimated time of arrival.
- Enable features to personalize your IPC account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Enable accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those which enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and to receive flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Safety and security: We use your data to help maintain
the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This
includes, for example:
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum. Such calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision-making process.
Customer support: IPC uses the information we collect
(including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and
with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support
services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development: We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products. Such analysis may include anonymization and aggregation of personal information.
- Communication among users: IPC uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users, including between riders and drivers. For example, a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location.
Communication from IPC: IPC may use the information we
collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions,
studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
- IPC may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an IPC user.
- IPC may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements: We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of IPC's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies and Third-Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Some of IPC's products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes. IPC may share the information we collect:
- With other users: For example, if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by drivers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with drivers. If you share an IPC trip with another rider, that rider may be told your name and may see your pickup and/or drop-off location.
At your request: This includes:
- Other people. For example, we may share your estimated time of arrival and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- IPC business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, IPC may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other mobile applications or websites that integrate with our APIs, taxi garages, or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom IPC may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the owner of IPC accounts that you may use: If you
use a profile associated with another party, we may share your trip
information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if
- A rider using your employer’s IPC profile, or taking trips arranged through IPC.
- A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend, a taxi garage, or a service provider.
With IPC service providers and business partners: IPC
may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners,
research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may
include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with IPC or on IPC’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist IPC to enhance the safety and security of its Apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Taxi and other local providers.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute:
- IPC may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect IPC’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
Information Retention and Deletion
IPC retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your IPC account.
IPC retains transaction, location, usage and other information for seven years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. IPC thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Once such information is no longer necessary to provide IPC's services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, IPC takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
Following such request, IPC deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, IPC may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, IPC will delete your account as described above.
IPC may also retain certain information, if necessary, for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if IPC shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, IPC may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new IPC account in the future.
Email Subscriptions . You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account and use of the Services.
Push Notifications . You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Services (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
Profile Information . While your name will always be shared with drivers, you can delete any additional information that you added to your profile at any time if you don’t want drivers to see it. Riders will always be able to see drivers’ names, rating, profile photos, and vehicle information.
Location Information . While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, rider and driver location is core to the Services and without it our ability to provide Services to you is strictly curtailed.
Third Party Websites
We are committed to protecting the data of the IPC community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
Policy Towards Children
IPC is concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, IPC will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone less than 18 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If a person becomes aware that its child under 18 years of age has provided IPC with Personal Information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at s[email protected] and IPC will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
Questions or Concerns
If a user has any questions or concerns regarding privacy regarding the IPC Services, please send a detailed message to [email protected], IPC will make every effort to resolve or respond to a user’s concerns.