Effective Date: 9/1/2018
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
Information you provide directly to us. For certain activities, such as when you register, subscribe to our alerts, or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as taxi fare, bank account information, credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code, where needed to complete a transaction;
- Licensing information from each city that confirms a driver is authorized to drive;
- Rider number to identify which passengers have special services or are eligible for discounts; and
- Correspondence you send to us.
Location Information. We collect information about your precise and approximate location, including pick-up location, position in route, traveled routes, and destination, in order to provide the Services and tailor your experience based on your location. We collect this location information through a variety of means, including GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and IP address. Consistent with your device permissions, we may collect this information even when you are not using the Services.
Information we collect automatically. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device type, device and connection information, mobile network information, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, referral URLs, advertising data, and other standard server and web log information.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
We only use payment information, such as bank account information, credit card numbers, expiration date, and security codes, as necessary to complete a particular transaction or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use the information we collect online to:
- Connect drivers and passengers;
- Fulfill your requests for other products, services, and information;
- Display and send you promotional materials from us or on behalf of our trusted third-party partners;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services, as well as your user experience;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise in accordance with our Terms of Service and End User License Agreement;
- Comply with regulations; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you and pursuant to your consent.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including credit card and payment services, connected services such as ride requests, city service requests and systems, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing.
- Our Subscribers: We may share with for hire companies who subscribe to our Service information related to their fleet, including information about their drivers and fleet managers and information about rides, taxi fares, dispatch, payments, and their passengers.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement or government requests for ride and trip data or other information, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of us, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Site, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
You may be able to control our collection and use of your information, including your location information, through your mobile device or app settings. You may also need to turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, or other similar technologies to stop the collection of location information. You also may stop further data collection by removing the Application from your mobile device.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable local storage and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page.
If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, including cookies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.